Black sand beaches, clear blue swimming pools, relaxing in tree swings, eating good food (and new food – like mojo – yum!), beautiful weather, gorgeous scenery (volcano, forest, cliffs, vineyards, banana plantations and colourful houses) and, of course, fun company. Yup, I’m back from the dream world of Tenerife. I know this is a London blog but can’t you just picture yourself having your tea on this lovely porch this morning, watching the sun come up over the vineyards?
And in London, the Olympics, I see, are in full swing. Exciting times, no? Did any of you get tickets to the Games? If not, what would you most like to see? What did you think of the opening ceremony?
Photo: Rings by SReed99342
All of this excitement and holiday stuff has got me thinking. After blogging here daily (with few exceptions – like holidays) since 2009, I’ve decided I deserve the weekends off! Selfish, I know, but someone has to made decisions around here. So, starting now, I’ll be posting Monday through Thursday as usual, and every Friday leaving you with a series of links to keep you well entertained through the weekend.
And oh look – it’s Friday already! So here we go. Happy Friday and have a fantastic weekend.
- A little collection of 8 quirky British boutiques on Apartment Therapy. I do love InSpitalfields. Which ones have you visited?
- I walked by Baku a few days ago. Azerbaijani food on Sloane street. Looks pretty delicious. Anyone been? Or can you recommend another Azerbaijani restaurant in London?
- The Guardian lists its top 5 of London’s quirky restaurants and bars. Surprisingly (and refreshingly) none of them are in Shoreditch.Doodle Bar, anyone?
- Need a laugh? CNNGo has written a pretty amusing article on surviving the London Olympics like a local.
- And Time Out tells London’s visitors how to dress like a local…at least The Media Man for starters.
- In Hackney, new street art says “Everybody hates the Olympics… except for the 100 meters”.
- A lovely shot of Brick Lane at night.
- The first update by Griff over at Street Art London since April – An interview with the artist infamous for his owls: Dscreet
- “Standard! Get your Standard!” The Gentle Author spoke to some of London’s newspaper distributors from times long gone.
- Loving the Olympics-inspired street art collection that Londonist put together.
- Fancy a G&T this weekend?
- East London Local chooses 10 very good things in East London.
If you’re still bored, why not:
- Follow along on Pinterest?
- Contribute some of your London photos to the Flickr pool?
- Stop by and say hello on Facebook?
- Or perhaps Twitter is more your thing?
See you Monday!
I thought the opening ceremony of the Olympics was fantastic but then I am English and a Londoner, not sure if other countries would enjoy it. The only downside was Paul McCartney – sorry, but I am sure we could have done better.
Also enjoying the rowing at Eton Dorney (even if they did have to rename it!!) on the live broadcasts on the computer.
Tenerife looks (and sounds) wonderful! I applaud your decision to take weekends off. Blogging can quickly consume your life!