So. Bank holiday weekend. Notting Hill Carnival. Potential madness. Go or avoid? What’s the plan?
If you go to Carnival, make sure to submit photos to the Flickr pool! If you decide to stay in for a bit, here’s some weekend links to keep you amused. Let’s see what’s been happening with some of my favourite London bloggers this week, shall we?
- (Well, me first!) The morning rush hour game….
- … and after playing that every day, I could use a massage like Lady in London. In fact, my boyfriend and I went just last weekend to Relax in Covent Garden which was pretty fabulous.
- Alternative London Guide interviews Paul Green from Halcyon Gallery.
- An American Girl in Chelsea visits the Cheyne Walk Brasserie, which looks expensive, but delicious…Has anyone been?
- Love London Daily Photos picture of the fabric baobab tree on South Bank.
- The big scandal of the week of course prompted Jane’s London to write about nudity and royalty.
- Time Out’s blog Now. Here. This reminds us it’s our last time to snoop around the Olympic Park till 2014. They also picked up on the news that the lovely folks at the Home Office are considering (yet again) airport style security screening in tube stations. Yet another reason (see the first bullet point above) to consider moving close enough to work to walk.
- Another fascinating post by The Gentle Author of Spitalfields life sharing the inside of what must be one of the messiest flats in London, owned by a guy called Tom.
- Street Art London checks out the new São Paulo-based artist Flip’s piece that is all the rage on Ebor Street this week.
- Chris Osburn writes about some of London’s best terraced restaurants and bars.
- The Style Scout find some steampunk street style.
And lastly, a fox spotted by SReed99342.
Happy bank holiday weekend everyone!