Well, well, well. The (usually untrustworthy) weather app on my phone tells me this weekend may feel a bit like Summer. Any big outdoor plans for soaking up the sun then? We may go have a little look around the Garden Museum. Any recommendations around the area while we’re there? And a Hampstead Heath picnic doesn’t sound like a bad idea either…
If you’re stuck indoors for some crazy reason or need something to keep you occupied on your phone while you’re on your way to somewhere fun and exciting, here’s some links from the London blogosphere this week.
First, a photo from the Flickr pool (some awesome contributions from you guys lately!).
This is 4 Doors, taken in Greenwich by Russell Dixon.
What my favourite bloggers had to say this week…
- Lady in London reviews new Camden restaurant, Simply Fish. Anyone else try it yet?
- London’s famous golden mile of tailoring that is Savile Row is in focus on Accidental Londoner.
- Love this Chanel promotional campaign – London cabs painted in their nail polish shades that will take you to Chanel for a free manicure or makeover and £25 to spend on Chanel makeup. Thanks for the heads up on that on, American Girl in Chelsea!
- A fun new series – Interesting Loos – has popped up on Fresh Eyes on London. Number one? In Kentish Town’s Abbey Tavern.
- Jane’s London just reminded me it’s already time for the Thames Festival this weekend! Can’t believe it’s already that time…
- Victoria’s Secret has now opened it’s New Bond Street flagship. Finally. In case you were wondering.
- Loving London Daily Photo’s coverage of the Paralympics.
- London Liberty Girl speaks to designer Orla Kiely to get the scoop on what it’s like to be her for a week.
- Going Underground shares a really cool vintage film from 1969 about automatic ticket machines on the tube.
- Miss Immy visits the Old Operating Theatre and Herb Garret. Lots of photos!
- The Gentle Author writes about gardening on the roundabout in Victoria Park Village on Spitalfields Life.
- Time Out’s blog Now. Here. This. keeps us up to date on all sorts of things. David Bowie coming to the V&A, Zadie Smith‘s new book, some fantastic bogus signs spotted on the Tube …
- End of Summer style on The Style Scout.
- Tired of London, Tired of Life notes the final residents of the Heygate Estate have now been evicted. A couple years ago, curiosity got the best of me and I snuck in with my camera to take a little wander round. Heygate Estate photos here if you missed them!
- And on an unhappy note, The Londoner is in hospital. Stop by and show some love. Get better soon!
And cheers for the new Facebook likes this week! Much appreciated. Feel free to pass it on to anyone else who may be interested! 🙂
See you Monday!