Hello everyone. How has your week been? Any nice plans for the weekend? Anyone going to Open House? Travelling anywhere nice? We may head over to Spitalfields. It’s been a while and I’m in the mood to take some photos. Spitalfields never disappoints the lens.
Spent a bit of time this week writing a piece about London Markets for a new site called TownFish. It’s will be launching around November. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished site, but from what I hear, it’s going to be quite interesting. One to watch.
And a date for your diary if you’re one to plan ahead: November 3! I’ll be exhibiting some photography, jewellery and handbags at the SE20 Craft Fair in Penge. Stop by and say hello. There will be cake. Music. All sorts of joy and talented artists. It’s sure to be fab.
I have to say, you guys have been awesome this week with your Flickr pool contributions. They’ve allowed me to compile some pretty impressive posts, so thank you and keep ’em coming! Also a big thanks for the new likes on Facebook this week. Makes me all happy inside. Like this horse by LUSH & Nathan Bowen, photographed by Christina Owen:
On to the weekend links from London’s lovely bloggers:
- The Accidental Londoner contributed a bit of bit of prose to the Literary Clock project by the London Literary Project. Have a read of Flora’s lovely contribution about 8:11am on Saturday morning, Parliament Hill.
- A Lady in London feels a bit like she’s in New York at the new 24-hour, 40th floor Duck and Waffle restaurant everyone’s been raving about lately. Have you been?
- Have you ever managed to get a flight upgrade? Check out these fancy first class cabins on Hunt for Design. Now, someone find out how to get me an upgrade to NY next month…
- Great Little Place scopes out the cocktail bar / restaurant (with an outdoor terrace), The Perkin Reveller. One to try?
- Some black and white photographs of “permissive” London in the late 1960s on The Great Wen.
- Interesting sculpture I haven’t seen before on London Daily Photo. Spotted on South Carriage Drive in Hyde Park.
- London Is Cool takes a “wee stroll” around Hampstead Heath.
- Japanese animation meets the Tube on Going Underground’s blog.
- Food and drink news on Londonist worth a read if you’re looking for somewhere new. If you’re looking for something different to do on Sunday, Slinkachu will be on hand in East London teaching people how to make tiny street art. Also on Londonist, check out some photos of the SkyGarden. Looks pretty awesome.
- Hilarious “muff management” sign spotted in Hammersmith on Shit London (of course).
- Avoid, avoid avoid!! Now that that’s out of the way, Now.Here.This also shares some secrets of Central East London and the Hidden West End. Finally, The Magnificent Something shares his favourite London spots.
- The Gentle Author on Spitalfields Life peeks into the world of East London graphics and graffiti from decades long past.
- And last but not least, some colourful outfits on The Style Scout. And more.
Chao! See ya Monday. Enjoy the weekend.