Why, hello Winter! You’ve arrived… Bring on the snow please.
Launched our new blog, CAPA World, at work this week which I’ll be running. Would love to have you follow along. There will be London goodies and other international education / travel / photography related joy. I’m in charge of the Pinterest too which is equally fabulous. It’s very colourful and inspiring. Have a look.
I’ve been invited over to Spitalfields to review the new branch of Pho restaurants tomorrow night so you’ll see that up on LLO next week. Anyone been yet? There’s some shopping to be done and some quality time to be spent with Jorge. Perhaps The Breakfast Club tomorrow morning. Hmmm…always so many options in this wonderful city. I’m also going to be writing my 4th article for TownFish which is set to launch very, very soon! Exciting stuff. Watch this space.
What are all of you up to this weekend?
By the way, thanks for all the new Facebook likes! Nearly 800 now. My birthday is on December 28. Think LLO can make it to 1,000 by then? Spread the word. I’ll give away a few free sets of photo coasters (your choice of images) in January if it reaches 1,000 by my birthday.
Here is a handsome fox for your Friday photo fix:
Photo: Fox in Newington Green by Skire Is Cool
And some links from some of my favourite London bloggers:
- Bloody Brilliant scopes out some of London’s great outdoors. Check out the photo with the sculpture popping out of the bricks. Love it!
- London Insider eats at Mamounia Lounge in Knightsbridge, a Middle Eastern restaurant I’ve passed many times…
- Ian Visits takes a press trip on the new East London line, and a video from the driver’s view.
- Le Cool London interviews Dré Masso, the man in charge of drinks at China Town’s newest secret bar – Opium Cocktail and Dim Sum Parlour. Sounds intriguing…Anyone been yet?
- Wow, seven awesome years of blogging from Ham on London Daily Photo. Congrats! 2,555 days makes for an awful lot of photos!
- London Living Twinterviews The Vogue Alchemist on fashion and shopping in London.
- Nice big list on London Pop-ups for Nov 30 – Dec 7. Great for some unique holiday gifts, no doubt. High streets can be so frustrating this time of year…
- Going Underground writes about the oldest ads on the Tube.
- London Unveiled unveils the story behind the West End’s smallest theatre – the Jermyn Street Theatre.
- Londonist lets us know about the “festive” pop up screens in Brick Lane coming in a few weeks. “Brick Lane will be converted into a seasonal wonderland with lots of snow (fake), Christmas trees (fake) and mulled wine (actual).”
- She Loves London gives us some super massive mega helpful tips for driving in London and an entertaining post about commuting by bus. Sensing a theme here!
- Love Time Out’s Now. Here. This. post on the south London biased tube map. Er… “milking“, anyone? And Vauxhall to get a few large buildings.
- Always a pleasure to visit Spitalfields Life. Have a look at these lovely portraits by guest photographer Colin O’Brien of diners at the infamous E. Pellicci.
- Street Art London talk to Anthony Lister.
- One man in all black on The Style Scout.
- The Londoner writes about her little love affair with the new Alpine themed restaurant/nightclub Bodo’s Schloss.
Have a lovely weekend everyone. Stay warm!!