I’m going to check out the Bridge Cafe in Shoreditch (quirky old place with a Victorian feel, crazy fushia pink chairs, old photos and neon vintage signs everywhere) this weekend with my fabulous friend Carolina. I’ll hopefully get to spend some quality time with Jorge and I’ll be working a bit on my Dad‘s website. I’ve spent most of the week at work writing posts for the fabulous new blog and planning our holiday party. Can’t believe it’s that time already!
Here’s a photo of the London Eye under a moody London sky:
Photo: The All Seeing Eye by Paki Nuttah
Here’s your Friday links. All sorts of entertainment below:
- Steam trains are coming to London tomorrow. Fun! Read all about it on Ian Visits.
- Enjoy cycling in London? Le Cool interviews Vulpine founder Nick Hussey.
- Interesting contrast photo with red tower block on London Daily Photo.
- William Wallace from London Is Cool tastes some mounth-wateringly delicious looking frozen hot chocolate at yoomoo, the frozen yogurt bar in Harrods. Reminds me of NYC. Serendipity.
- The East London Design Show is on this weekend if anyone is in the mood for Christmas shopping for something different.
- London Living does another great Twinterview with Cultural Expose who recommends an intriguing Nigerian restaurant.
- As London Pop-ups points out, there’s a Christmas Vintage Fair in Hampstead on Sunday. Sounds lovely. Stop by Le Creperie for crepes when you finish. I’d recommend the chocolate, banana and rum. Mmmmm!
- Love the 150th anniversary London Underground postage stamps as seen on Going Underground. Also like the idea of this new Battersea connection!
- How cool is this hidden pop-up, Leyshon Brothers Bonded Warehouse? Secret passwords and hidden location, Miss Immy? Intriguing!
- Londonist writes about the Silicon Roundabout revamp and a sobering map that shows every bomb of The Blitz. Wow.
- Who’s going to see fireworks on NYE? According to Now. Here. This., Time Out’s blog, they will blow you away…In other news, a pop up homes project, and, oh look… book swapping on the tube – where I already leave all of my books anyway! Love it.
- Smitten by Britain posts a visual history of the Keep Calm and Carry On poster.
- Shit London Awards 2012 should be up today! Always amusing.
- Among other fabulousness on Spitalfields Life is the contributor Chris Kelly’s compilation of The Cats of Spitalfields.
- The Londoner visits Hyde Park’s madhouse that is the Winter Wonderland.
- Stik has been quite busy lately as you can see on Street Art London.
- The London Foodie reviews the lovely views (and food, of course) at Mi Jiang, the Restaurant at the Royal Garden Hotel.
- Find me on Twitter for street art, London links and all sorts of good stuff.
- LLO is on Facebook too – all about London, but stuff I don’t post here on the blog.
- And of course, there’s the colourful Pinterest page which is a scrapbook of wanderlust, street art, photography and other goodies.
Have a great weekend everyone!