I’m going to check out the Bridge Cafe in Shoreditch (quirky old place with a Victorian feel, crazy fushia pink chairs, old photos and neon vintage signs everywhere) this weekend with my fabulous friend Carolina. I’ll hopefully get to spend some quality time with Jorge and I’ll be working a bit on my Dad‘s website. I’ve spent most of the week at work writing posts for the fabulous new blog and planning our holiday party. Can’t believe it’s that time already!
Here’s a photo of the London Eye under a moody London sky:
Photo: The All Seeing Eye by Paki Nuttah
Here’s your Friday links. All sorts of entertainment below:
- Steam trains are coming to London tomorrow. Fun! Read all about it on Ian Visits.
- Enjoy cycling in London? Le Cool interviews Vulpine founder Nick Hussey.
- Interesting contrast photo with red tower block on London Daily Photo.
- William Wallace from London Is Cool tastes some mounth-wateringly delicious looking frozen hot chocolate at yoomoo, the frozen yogurt bar in Harrods. Reminds me of NYC. Serendipity.
- The East London Design Show is on this weekend if anyone is in the mood for Christmas shopping for something different.
- London Living does another great Twinterview with Cultural Expose who recommends an intriguing Nigerian restaurant.
- As London Pop-ups points out, there’s a Christmas Vintage Fair in Hampstead on Sunday. Sounds lovely. Stop by Le Creperie for crepes when you finish. I’d recommend the chocolate, banana and rum. Mmmmm!
- Love the 150th anniversary London Underground postage stamps as seen on Going Underground. Also like the idea of this new Battersea connection!
- How cool is this hidden pop-up, Leyshon Brothers Bonded Warehouse? Secret passwords and hidden location, Miss Immy? Intriguing!
- Londonist writes about the Silicon Roundabout revamp and a sobering map that shows every bomb of The Blitz. Wow.
- Who’s going to see fireworks on NYE? According to Now. Here. This., Time Out’s blog, they will blow you away…In other news, a pop up homes project, and, oh look… book swapping on the tube – where I already leave all of my books anyway! Love it.
- Smitten by Britain posts a visual history of the Keep Calm and Carry On poster.
- Shit London Awards 2012 should be up today! Always amusing.
- Among other fabulousness on Spitalfields Life is the contributor Chris Kelly’s compilation of The Cats of Spitalfields.
- The Londoner visits Hyde Park’s madhouse that is the Winter Wonderland.
- Stik has been quite busy lately as you can see on Street Art London.
- The London Foodie reviews the lovely views (and food, of course) at Mi Jiang, the Restaurant at the Royal Garden Hotel.
- Find me on Twitter for street art, London links and all sorts of good stuff.
- LLO is on Facebook too – all about London, but stuff I don’t post here on the blog.
- And of course, there’s the colourful Pinterest page which is a scrapbook of wanderlust, street art, photography and other goodies.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Why, hello Winter! You’ve arrived… Bring on the snow please.
Launched our new blog, CAPA World, at work this week which I’ll be running. Would love to have you follow along. There will be London goodies and other international education / travel / photography related joy. I’m in charge of the Pinterest too which is equally fabulous. It’s very colourful and inspiring. Have a look.
I’ve been invited over to Spitalfields to review the new branch of Pho restaurants tomorrow night so you’ll see that up on LLO next week. Anyone been yet? There’s some shopping to be done and some quality time to be spent with Jorge. Perhaps The Breakfast Club tomorrow morning. Hmmm…always so many options in this wonderful city. I’m also going to be writing my 4th article for TownFish which is set to launch very, very soon! Exciting stuff. Watch this space.
What are all of you up to this weekend?
By the way, thanks for all the new Facebook likes! Nearly 800 now. My birthday is on December 28. Think LLO can make it to 1,000 by then? Spread the word. I’ll give away a few free sets of photo coasters (your choice of images) in January if it reaches 1,000 by my birthday.
Here is a handsome fox for your Friday photo fix:
Photo: Fox in Newington Green by Skire Is Cool
And some links from some of my favourite London bloggers:
Have a lovely weekend everyone. Stay warm!!
Last chance to win two London Dungeon tickets! A quirky indoor activity for one of these cold Winter days?
I will keep this short and sweet today as time is limited.
First, a fab photo from the Flickr pool – one of those little things in London. Imagine the smell:
Photo: Lavender House by Andy Worthington
Photo caption: On Ratcliff Cross Street, in Shadwell, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, this is the entrance to Lavender House, a modern development — with an achingly trendy panel of grass wall — which, according to an estate agent’s website, “gives easy access to the City and Canary Wharf.” Continuing, the blurb claims, “Offering a mix of contemporary 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, this secure development will suit owner occupiers, rental investors, and those looking for a pied a terre. Interior designed and finished to a high standard throughout by the developer.” At the time of writing, a 2-bedroom flat was on sale for £329,999, with a terrace (blocked in by an adjacent warehouse) and an area of just 731 sq. ft. Photo taken on July 24, 2012.
And to keep you entertained for a while, some London links from around the blogosphere:
- First a bit of cheeky self-promotion. I wrote a guest post for Move Guides, a new relocation website, on my experiences and lessons learned as an expat.
- The Londoner gets her hair done at Smiths in Soho.
- Emm in London went on a Bowl of Chalk tour and lists 9 things she learned along the way.
- A bit of underground trivia from Fresh Eyes on London.
- Looking to escape London in December? Ian Visits lists some things to do outside the city.
- Jane’s London keeps it local.
- Le Cool London embarks on its latest Artisan Wanders Walking Tour – in Mayfair.
- William Wallace raves about the “garlic prawnies” – street food he ate in Uxbridge – on London Is Cool.
- London Living posts photos of the new East Village and gets under the skin of Walthamstow with an excellent photo entry.
- Also in Walthamstow, check out the E17 Designers Winter Warmers pop-up, as posted by London Pop-ups.
- Secret Emporium Christmas Market anyone? London Perspective reminds us to get the dates in our diaries.
- Londonist writes about a new app that pinpoints London’s public art, a 4th Plinth art show coming to the ICA and a giant toilet sculpture near Tower Bridge.
- Ove on Time Out’s blog Now. Here. This., it’s all neon lights, Alexander McQueen, the inflated world of London renting versus location on tube and a new Vauxhall park inspired by NYC’s High Line.
- Spitalfields Life writes about the founding of the East End Trades Guild. And by the way, the Gentle Author of this fabulous blog was interviewed on London Living.
- It’s not about London exactly, but there’s some pretty delicious Christmas pudding ice cream with a recipe on The London Foodie!
Have a great weekend everyone!
This weekend, I shall be in Paris, La Ville-Lumière, avec Jorge.
Anyone else have any nice weekend plans?
If not, here’s a smiling snail to cheer you up:
Photo: Snail, Seven Sisters Road by Steve Reed
And plenty of reading material from some of my favourite London bloggers:
- Lady in London staycations at the Kensington Hotel in London.
- Bloody Brilliant has an early expat Thanksgiving celebration. Yum! Turkey and pumpkin pie…
- Last weekend Emm in London spent a gorgeous Saturday at Broadway Market in Hackney (which is one place in London I still haven’t been for some reason despite all the continuous positive reviews I keep hearing).
- A Glimpse of London spots a piece of Ben Wilson’s chewing gum art. Speaking of which, if you haven’t seen it yet, be sure to stop by this entry with lots of Ben Wilson’s mini chewing gum masterpieces!
- Le Cool London talks to the two guys behind Little Gay Brother, the latest Dalston party night hosted by a time travelling space unicorn, of all things…
- London is Cool features a piece of street art spotted under the Westway flyover in North Kensington – where Portobello Market flows on a Saturday.
- Oh look! It’s me! I was Twinterviewed on London Living blog this week. Such cool people. You’ll see them in an interview on LLO soon.
- Lady Loves Cake checks out Wahaca on Charlotte Street for a Mexican brunch.
- Over on London Pop-ups, I just drooled over the Thanksgiving menu, hosted by The Breakfast Club in four London locations.
- London Unveiled checks out Regent Sounds Studio, Denmark Street and London’s “Tin Pan Alley”.
- Interesting piece on commuting times on Going Underground including a small rise in commuting times for women.
- Miss Immy quenches her thirst at the new Reverend J W Simpson cocktail bar in Fitzrovia.
- Londonist shares some photos from the good old Regents Street Motor Show and start a new series: Crap Christmas Windows starting with a second-hand shop on Burdett Road in Mile End.
- You can find anything in London. Covent Garden has a soup slide, as Time Out’s Now. Here. This blog has informed me. They’ve also shared this week a crazy ping pong table / work of art, reviewed The Shed in Notting Hill, and let us in on their top 5 waxing salons.
- The 1001 club add zorbing to their Alternative London List.
- She Loves London leaves her iPad on the bus and, amazingly, gets it back!
- Slice of London Life posts some beautiful Autumn photos from the Sheen Woods.
- Smitten by Britain posts a silly story about an American in London whose words got a bit lost in translation.
- The Gentle Author of Spitalfields Life catches up and shares the stories of spoon carver “Barn the Spoon” and Normal Riley, a metalworker.
- The Londoner went to Pizza Pilgrams in Soho and at some delicious looking food at the Forza Winter pop up. All about the food over here.
- This Little Lady scopes out New Taxin’ Thai in Maida Vale.
Paris tomorrow. Squee!
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Catch me on Facebook, Twitter, my personal Pinterest or my awesome new study abroad/travel Pinterest that I started for work.
A cool, crisp, Autumn weekend. I think I may take the camera out for a little spin. Somewhere East, a bit gritty, maybe somewhere I haven’t been before. Perhaps a bit of shopping before I catch up with friends on Sunday. But relaxing. Fingers crossed for sun. How will you spend yours?
Here’s my Friday photo for you from HookedBlog. So London…
Photo: My Wany & HUNTO by HookedBlog
And, of course, the Friday link round up:
If you have Pinterest, follow the new boards I’m running for CAPA International Education. London’s one of them.
If you don’t already, you should definitely follow LLO on Twitter and Facebook!
Cheers for reading LLO guys. Have a great weekend. Leave me a nice comment and tell me what you’re up to!