Last chance to win two London Dungeon tickets! A quirky indoor activity for one of these cold Winter days?
I will keep this short and sweet today as time is limited.
First, a fab photo from the Flickr pool – one of those little things in London. Imagine the smell:
Photo: Lavender House by Andy Worthington
Photo caption: On Ratcliff Cross Street, in Shadwell, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, this is the entrance to Lavender House, a modern development — with an achingly trendy panel of grass wall — which, according to an estate agent’s website, “gives easy access to the City and Canary Wharf.” Continuing, the blurb claims, “Offering a mix of contemporary 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, this secure development will suit owner occupiers, rental investors, and those looking for a pied a terre. Interior designed and finished to a high standard throughout by the developer.” At the time of writing, a 2-bedroom flat was on sale for £329,999, with a terrace (blocked in by an adjacent warehouse) and an area of just 731 sq. ft. Photo taken on July 24, 2012.
And to keep you entertained for a while, some London links from around the blogosphere:
- First a bit of cheeky self-promotion. I wrote a guest post for Move Guides, a new relocation website, on my experiences and lessons learned as an expat.
- The Londoner gets her hair done at Smiths in Soho.
- Emm in London went on a Bowl of Chalk tour and lists 9 things she learned along the way.
- A bit of underground trivia from Fresh Eyes on London.
- Looking to escape London in December? Ian Visits lists some things to do outside the city.
- Jane’s London keeps it local.
- Le Cool London embarks on its latest Artisan Wanders Walking Tour – in Mayfair.
- William Wallace raves about the “garlic prawnies” – street food he ate in Uxbridge – on London Is Cool.
- London Living posts photos of the new East Village and gets under the skin of Walthamstow with an excellent photo entry.
- Also in Walthamstow, check out the E17 Designers Winter Warmers pop-up, as posted by London Pop-ups.
- Secret Emporium Christmas Market anyone? London Perspective reminds us to get the dates in our diaries.
- Londonist writes about a new app that pinpoints London’s public art, a 4th Plinth art show coming to the ICA and a giant toilet sculpture near Tower Bridge.
- Ove on Time Out’s blog Now. Here. This., it’s all neon lights, Alexander McQueen, the inflated world of London renting versus location on tube and a new Vauxhall park inspired by NYC’s High Line.
- Spitalfields Life writes about the founding of the East End Trades Guild. And by the way, the Gentle Author of this fabulous blog was interviewed on London Living.
- It’s not about London exactly, but there’s some pretty delicious Christmas pudding ice cream with a recipe on The London Foodie!
Have a great weekend everyone!