How has your week been? Any special plans for the weekend?
This week I said goodbye to a good friend (from Canada) who’s moving from London to Australia. Last year one of my best friends (from Lithuania) who was living in London moved to Toronto and another back home to Mongolia with a few months in San Francisco in between.
This has happened many times while I’ve been living London. It’s a very transient city. I don’t see myself here forever either. Do you? I already left once. Of course I came back… because it’s brilliant…
Anyway, this means a lot of goodbyes, a lot of new friendships that develop with people from all over the world moving in, and a lot of countries to add to the never-ending list of those to visit!
When’s the last time you said goodbye to a friend who moved to another country? Have you gone to visit?
Here’s a lovely street art photo to kick off the weekend…
Photo: Noose Heart on Commercial Street by Iris Jones
…and here’s some links from what some of my fellow London bloggers have been up to this week:
- On Alternative London Guide, an interview with the street artist famous for his colourful musrooms, Christiaan Nigel.
- If you’ve just gotten paid and have a bit of cash to blow this weekend, American Girl in Chelsea recommends the trendy Novikov restaurant in Mayfair.
- Emm in London hunts down the Wenlock and Mandeville colourful Olympic and Paralympic mascots around London.
- GB Mag shows off a collection of “sexy international students” hanging out around the streets of Britain.
- Ian Visits had the opportunity to try out Heathrow’s new driverless transport system. It’s purple.
- Have a look at the Notting Hill Carnival photos on London Is Cool. Of course, if you missed the ones on LLO, here’s a link to those Carnival photos from the Flickr Pool.
- Fun photo on 500px – London’s Calling.
- Loving these street art shutters Hooked Blog posted from White Church Lane.
- Going Underground finds a funny warning about mice in Farringdon tube.
- Londonist notes there’s a giant climbing wall that just opened yesterday at the Truman Brewery just off Brick Lane. If you’re up for a climb, you have till September 5 to get to the top.
- Miss Immy scoped out the new Russian restaurant Mari Vanna that opened in Knightsbridge. Check out the interior.
- Speaking of restaurants, London 43 has a list of their top 5 romantic dining choices.
- Shit London posts a photo of the sweet nipples of nunhead.
- Now. Here. This. writes about pumas and lemurs in London, best wheelchair accessible venues chosen by Mik Scarlet and Carly from the blog Thoughts in Little Boxes chooses her top five London spots.
- Check out my boyfriend’s new design blog: Hunt for Design
Have a great weekend everyone. See you in September!