Hello weekend. (Please be sunny.) Time sure flies lately! And there’s leaves flying about around here too. I just kicked my way through a pile of them on my way to work. Autumn has arrived. My favourite time of year. I’m looking forward to my week in New York in October. The leaves are always a bit brighter and more colourful over there (Sorry London).
I’m also looking forward to my haircut at Neighbourhood in Earl’s Court tonight. Great little independent place for guys and girls if you’re in the area and feel like a trim. Plus, 50% off first visits. (And no, they didn’t pay me to say that or have any idea I’m saying it.) I love a good independent recommendation and this one is quite a hidden gem.
This week, I’ve started collaborating with a few cool London companies that you may want to keep on your radar: MOVE Guides (for those of you looking to relocate much more easily to London) and Town Fish (for those of you already here, looking for tips and hidden gems from the locals). I’ll be blogging for both (don’t worry, I will send links your way when I’m featured ;))
Little London Observationist has been nominated for a little blog award. If you have a second to spare, a vote would be fantastic. (Thanks in advance because I know you’re all awesome and will vote!)
By the way, did any of you make it to Open House last weekend? LeFlic17 did and contributed this photo of Lloyds underwriting room to the Flickr pool. Add yours if you took any. Love the angle!
Okay, I’ll stop rambling and give you the links you came for. Here’s what London’s fabulous bloggers had to say this week:
- An older post from August, but I just stumbled upon the Best of Vintage Awards 2012. Quite few new places to check out.
- A lady in London has tea at The Goring.
- Mo discovers interesting loo #2 over on Fresh Eyes on London.
- London Is Cool visits 20 Fenchurch Street – the address on everyone’s lips lately.
- London Daily Photo spots a sprouting seat in Clerkenwell.
- London Living chooses the top 5 freakiest shops in London.
- Free pampering (i.e. – manis, pedis) from MAC in my old neighborhood – at Paradise By Way of Kensal Green – says The London Perspective. Awesome pub. That’s tonight, by the way.
- Londonist has photos of the Great Gorilla Run if you missed it last weekend. And if dressing like a gorilla’s not your thing, there’s always the Slut Walk.
- Live/work in E8? Now. Here. This. gives us the top 5 secret London spots from James Cooper. All in E8. In other news on Time Out’s blog, there’s a cuddling workshop…and the London Restaurant Festival is coming.
- Hunt For Design posts some Union Jack madness. Mankini anyone? Fridge? Oven?
- The Style Scout finds London’s ladies.
- Not new, but a cool little series on London Is Funny that reviews London’s charity shops.